Most homeowners often don’t give much thought to their driveway. Mainly because of their purpose, which is just driving your car to and from the house. Their beauty usually seems like a nonissue, especially if they are working as intended.
However, in the case of luxury homes, you need a driveway that’s more than its functions. It needs to complement the home’s elegance and reflect prestige.
So, what material could be luxurious enough to fit this bill? The answer is either brick or cobblestone. Here, we’ll briefly review why these two are the nicest driveway for luxury homes.
Historic homes and buildings often have brick driveways. There’s a reason. This nearly indestructible material offers a classic feel and a timeless look that fits into any landscape.
They also have a natural charm only found in brick that adds character to a home. Plus, the rich colors and varied patterns make them truly elegant, perfect for upscale homes.
Brick driveways can last lifetimes with little maintenance. With these upsides, it’s no surprise they attract a steeper price tag for the material and installation.
- Durable. Brick driveways can endure extreme temperatures. They can also withstand heavy wear and tear from daily use.
- Low maintenance. Bricks don’t require regular sealants or treatments like other materials. While they still need regular cleaning, it’s often easy and fast.
- Easy to replace. When a single brick or several cracks, the repair process is easy. You just remove it and replace it with a new one.
- Brick driveways may shift or loosen over time
- They offer fewer customization options
- It might be costly to purchase and install
Another old-world favorite, cobblestone driveways also evoke a sense of grandeur for luxury homes. Unfortunately, this look is often hard to come by, making it a rare and highly sought-after material.
Originally, cobblestones were naturally occurring rounded stones sourced from rivers and streams. However, today, they come from quarried-shaped Belgian blocks. This new material offers relatively uniform shapes and sizes, making installation easier.
Cobblestone driveways provide that storybook look and feel to any home. They also offer a visual texture that most other driveways don’t have. These variations give your luxury home a king-like design and appeal.
- Extremely durable. Since cobblestones are natural stones, they can last for lifetimes when properly installed.
- Low maintenance. A natural stone requires minimal to no maintenance, even in harsh conditions. They are also easy to clean.
- Water-permeable surface. Cobblestone driveways provide an effective way of draining rainwater. They do not create pools and puddles on the surface.
- Expensive materials. Cobblestones driveways come at a steeper price tag than most other driveways. The cost of materials and installation could be too high for some budgets.
- Labor-intensive Installation. Installing cobblestones requires too much work compared to all other driveways. They also need experienced professionals and consume a lot of time.
The elegance, beauty, and durability offered by these two materials are worth every penny. Whatever you choose will elevate the look of your luxury home, providing an entrance with grandeur and regality.
At Posada Custom Homes, we provide design-build services in Florida. We are passionate about artisanal beauty, where every detail is thoughtfully crafted. For all your custom home needs, contact us at (407) 740-7707 or fill out our online form to request a project consultation.
Our company services Orlando, Winter Garden, Ocoee, Gotha, Apopka, and the surrounding communities.
Click to see our services.